Date(s) - 17/07/2016
7 h 00 min - 17 h 00 min
The IRGT, a Global Network of Transgender Women and HIV, in partnership with other transgender regional organizations and networks are organizing the first ever Trans Pre-Conference Event at the 2016 International AIDS Conference focused solely on transgender people. The Trans Pre Conference event will bring together advocates, researchers, policy makers, multilateral organizations, and donors to discuss and develop shared strategies to address the most pressing issues of the day for transgender people at risk for or living with HIV. Learn the latest about transgender HIV prevention and care at No More Lip Service, Trans Access, Equity and Rights, Now!
Please visit http://www.aids2016.org/Programme/Pre-conference-programme to register for the Trans Pre Conference.
Trans Networking Zone at the Global Village, Durban 2016
The IRGT: A Global Network of Trans Women and HIV has lead of the collaborative in partnership with Global Advocates for Trans* Equality (GATE), Social, Health and Empowerment Feminist Collective of Transgender Women of Africa (SHE), RED Trans Peru, Asia Pacific Transgender Network, Positively Trans, Clinic Q, Trans Latina Coalition, and IRGT, will coordinate the Networking Zone for Transgender People throughout the week for trans people and their allies. The collaborative aims to provide a space where trans activists, trans people living with HIV, researchers, and allies explore challenges and best practices in achieving universal access to HIV prevention, care, treatment and supportive services for gender minorities worldwide. Our primary objective is to offer a safe and creative space for Trans advocates and their allies to network, share and exchange ideas, experiences, knowledge and strategies to strengthen regional and local HIV responses.
Trans people and their allies will develop and implement the following activities:
• Formal and informal sessions to debate on key issues affecting Trans and gender diverse communities;
• Open space for groups, organizations and networks to continue conversations based on workshops and presentations;
• Trans people and HIV photo exhibit;
• Space for highlighting materials used by organizations and regional Trans networks;
• Networking space for Trans people to meet and greet to forge new partnerships;
• Sessions dealing with Trans issues;
• A ´hub´ where Trans people and their allies can meet for social activities and coalition building.
The Networking Zone will take place at the Global Village, from July 18-22, 2016.
Check back for a program activities at the Trans Networking Zone.